Hey Everyone,
My name is Kyle Scott, I majored in Biomedical Engineering at
the University of Virginia and am now a second year medical student at the
University of Florida College of Medicine. Last year I founded the College of
Medicine Innovation Discovery Track (https://discovery.education.med.ufl.edu/business-and-innov…/).
As part of this track and my
own interests, I am pursuing a project with the UF Neurosurgery department (Dr.
Frank Bova) to build a patient education app. This app would integrate the
patients CT/ MRI imaging into a model that could be used to educate them on
their condition and the procedure that is being planned. We were thinking of
designing something similar to what surgical theater (https://www.surgicaltheater.net/)
and the app Essential Anatomy (https://3d4medical.com/apps/essential-anatomy-5)
do but that would be specific to the patient.
This project would likely require a team with individuals with
experience in app development, imaging science/ software, and patient information
security. I'm trying to assemble the team right now and would love to talk to
anyone interested in it more. I see a lot of potential in this as a project
that could make and impact on Shands patients and, potentially, as a future
entrepreneurial venture for any students interested.
Feel free to send me
a message or email (kyle.scott@ufl.edu)
if interested!